Saturday, March 21, 2009

SF in Song?

What music puts you in an sf frame of mind? Once we move past the obvious, the John Williams scores and such, are there songs that somehow connect to your jones for sf? I'll launch this category with a couple of ideas and you are encouraged to pile on in the comments section, if you want.

Check out the annotated version of "Science Fiction Double Feature," from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with links to all the classic sf films mentioned in the tune.

This bit from Everclear's "Wonderful" makes me wistful for how much I loved certain books and films when I was a kid:
I want the things that I had before
Like a Star Wars poster on my bedroom door
I wish I could count to ten
Make everything be wonderful again
And let me indulge in some Firefly nostalgia....

"It's the End of the 'Verse As We Know It," a nice shiny filk.

Adam Baldwin singing "The Hero of Canton: The Man They Call Jayne." You just gotta love Jayne! UPDATE: The Browncoats do a very nice remix of this song.

And, of course, you can't take the sky from me.

No comments: